Thursday, 11 December 2014

CASology - Silver

** UPDATED : WINNER MERRY MONDAY **
_________________________________________________________________

It's already Thursday and in a couple of day's time we will be flying off to Malaysia and I need to work another day!

Today's card involved lots of dies and they are mainly from Poppy Dies with some combination from Lawn Fawn and MFT.  All the dies are die cut in silver cardstock except the star which is in gold.  This time I cheated by using a blue cardstock and distressed lightly with TH broken china and faded jeans -I have never done this before and I am pretty pleased with the result.  I finished the card with some gold sequins on the tree.

I am entering this card into the following challenges : CASology, Poppy StampsMerry Monday Christmas, and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.



Have you finished making all your Christmas cards?  I am so happy that I managed to send out all my christmas cards to the international contacts and now I am rushing thru for the locals.

I am not too sure if I will be posting one before I go off but in case I am not, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thank you for always taking your precious time to drop by.

24 comments:

joy said...

LOVE this card! Merry Christmas to you, Lai-Yoke. Enjoy your time away.

Ren said...

Love the way the sequins are used. Overall design is exquisite and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

Ren

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. love this little scene you created.. the perfect Christmas card..

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a lovely, peaceful scene. You did a wonderful job with the background too. Have a great trip!

Nicole Parmentier said...

oh Lai-Yoke what a beauty again! Love the sequins in the tree, such a nice detail!!

Sarah Gray said...

Gorgeous - love the lightly distressed background, beautiful dies and bling on the tree!

Nancy Simpson said...

What a fabulous creation! Stunning designs, sentiments and layout! Totally adorable! Here's sending my warm and best Christmas wishes to you and your family this holiday.

Hugs,
Nancy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is just beautiful and I love all your shining stuff, so festive.

Greta said...

You're "pretty pleased"?! You should be ecstatic, Lai-Yoke! One of my favorite cards--fabulous!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this scene you created here! So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this scene, a total wintry wonderland of!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week, so glad that you did!!

Joan B said...

frame cards are beautiful. i love yours!

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sequents added as ornaments, beautiful framed scene. Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge

Ingrid said...

SO pretty! I love that use of the sequins. Really cute card. :)

Debbie Henderson said...

This card is absolutely stunning! Love the addition of the blue for your chosen color! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the little scene you created and the cut out frame. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Greta said...

Yah!! You won Merry Monday, Lai-Yoke! So very deserved--one of my all-time favorite cards! Have a wonderful holiday, my friend!

Melissa said...

B-eautiful!!! Love the soft color and all the sparkle and shine!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lai-Yoke! It's so elegant and pretty and your sparkle looks lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Cat's sCrap said...

Magnificent and original card. fabulous work ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

P.S. : Thanks for your wonderful card that you sent to me !!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I wish you & your family a very merry Christmas too - and a fabulous trip!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the little scene you created.
Thanks for joining us at PoppyStamps!

Bonnie said...

We loved this beautiful card at Merry Monday and it was our winner! If you would like to be a Guest Designer for our next challenge on January 5, 2015, please email me at bonklass(at)gmail(dot)com.